Five Steps to Create Your Morning Practice
|I am so excited to share exactly how I created a powerful, daily morning practice. It profoundly impacts my ability to have an energized and productive day.
I used to wake up, dread going to work, and somehow got my shit together enough to make it through the day.
Does that sound like you? You don’t have to live like that anymore!
My life has completely changed as a built the following daily morning practice:
✨ Wake up and hike a local mountain
✨ Hike includes listening to personal development podcast and gratitude and prayer at the top while watching the sunrise
✨ Workout with body sculpt videos
✨ More prayer, gratitude, energy work
✨ Rock out to music while getting ready for work😁
This all happens EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.🔥 I am ready for work at 9am and become happy, energized and empowered to take on my goals.
Robin Sharma said, “genius is less about genetics and more about daily habits.” You too can create and connect to your own genius, that will empower you in life, relationships, creativity and business.
☀️ Here are 5 steps to create your powerful morning practice:
1. Start with one practice– then layer. Choose something you love. What have you always wanted to do everyday? Once you successfully fulfill on this practice fo at least 30 days, add another practice. Again, it should be something you love. You can layer a third after another 30 day commitment.
2. Commit to this 100% fulfillment. Take action on the practices every single day, even if you don’t feel like it. You will learn 100% commitment is so much easier than even 98% commitment. You want to avoid decision fatigue (ie. should I do this today?) and take action no matter what.
3. Address your entire health and well-being. Include practices that address all aspects of you including your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. You can all of these aspects in one practice or three. Just make sure you are addressing and taking care of your mind, body, soul and heart.
4. Allow your practice to evolve. Once you have a solid foundation, you can allow the rest to evolve. My hike is my foundation of my practice, but other aspects have evolved. I used to go to the gym and now I workout at home. Sometimes I write out what I’m grateful for and sometimes I say it in my head.
Make your practice yours! Perhaps you choose to journal, make art, say affirmations… whatever empowers you!
5. Connect to joy! Allow yourself to shift from funk to joy or expand the joy you are already experiencing. This is the whole point. To be joyful, energized and ready to take on your day. This is where creativity gets nurtured.
Once you are connected to a sense of aliveness, you will be ready to take on your creative and business goals!
Here are some quick videos about these steps– Part 1 and Part 2.
In his research, Brendon Burchard shared high performers are happy, healthy, passionate and serve others (from High Performance Habits). If you want to 1) be successful and 2) make a difference fo people, you must take really good care of yourself.
In my upcoming Creative Success Accelerator Group Coaching Program for Visual Artists, you will build your own morning practice to ensure you fulfill on your creative desires, live the life you love, and make a difference for people.
Ultimately, you will gain mindset and business strategies to make a living as an artist. Schedule your free Breakthrough Session with me today and learn how you can live your most empowered self.
Let’s do this!
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.- Aristotle